- Niles, S. G., Amundson, N. E., Neault, R., & Yoon, H. J. (2020a). Career flow & development: Hope in action (2nd ed.). San Diego, CA: Cognella. ISBN: 978-1-5165-9304-0. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1516593049/
- Niles, S. G., Amundson, N. E., Neault, R., & Yoon, H. J. (2020b). Career recovery: Creating hopeful careers in difficult times. San Diego, CA: Cognella. ISBN: 978-1-7935-1892-7. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1793518920/
- Niles, S. G., Amundson, N. E., & Neault, R. (2011). Career flow: A hope-centered approach to career development. Boston, MA: Pearson. https://www.amazon.com/dp/0132241900/
- Niles, S. G., Amundson, N. E., & Yoon, H. J. (2019). Hope-action theory: Creating and sustaining hope in career development. In N. Arthur, R. Neault, & M. McMahon (Eds.), Career theories and models at work: Ideas for practice (pp. 283–294). Toronto, ON: CERIC.
Scholarly Journal Articles
- Yoon, H. J. (2020). Hope-action theory for organizations. Organization Development Review, 52(4), 28–34.
- Amundson, N. E., Niles, S. G., & Yoon, H. J. (2020). Hope-action theory and practice. Psychologia Wychowawcza [Educational Psychology], 60(18). 91-102. https://doi.org/10.5604/01.3001.0014.6227
- Yoon, H. J., Bailey, N., Amundson, N. E., & Niles, S. G. (2019). The effect of a career development programme based on the Hope-Action Theory: Hope to Work for refugees in British Columbia. British Journal of Guidance and Counselling, 47(1), 6–19. https://doi.org/10.1080/03069885.2018.1544827
- Amundson, N., Goddard, T., Yoon, H. J., & Niles, S. (2018). Hope-centred interventions with unemployed clients. Canadian Journal of Career Development, 17(2), 87–98.
- Clarke, A., Amundson, N., Niles, S., & Yoon, H. J. (2018). Action-oriented hope: An agent of change for internationally educated professionals. Journal of Employment Counseling, 55(4), 155–165. https://doi.org/10.1002/joec.12095
- Yoon, H. J., In, H., Niles, S. G., Amundson, N. E., Smith, B. A., & Mills, L. (2015). The Effects of Hope on Student Engagement, Academic Performance, and Vocational Identity. The Canadian Journal of Career Development/Revue Canadienne de Développement de Carrière, 14(1), 34–45. http://cjcdonline.ca/download/the-effects-of-hope-on-student-engagement-academic-performance-and-vocational-identity/
- Niles, S. G., In, H., & Amundson, N. (2014). Using an action oriented hope-centered model of career development. Journal of Asia Pacific Counseling, 4(1).
- Smith, B. A., Mills, L., Amundson, N. E., Niles, S. G., Yoon, H. J., & In. H. (2014). What helps and hinders the hopefulness of post-secondary students who have experienced significant barriers. The Canadian Journal of Career Development/Revue Canadienne de Développement de Carrière, 13(2), 59–74. https://cjcd.scholasticahq.com/article/13992-what-helps-and-hinders-the-hopefulness-of-post-secondary-students-who-have-experienced-significant-barriers
- Niles, S. G., Yoon, H. J., Balin, E., & Amundson, N. (2010). Zor zamanlarda umut odaklı kariyer gelişimi modelinin kullanılması [using a hope-centered model of career development in challenging times].Turkish Psychological Counseling and Guidance Journal, 34, 101–109.
Trade Journal Article(s)
- Yoon, H. J. (2018). Understanding and applying Hope-Action Theory [희망-실천 이론의 이해와 적용]. Career Info, 13, 14–23. [In Korean]. Retrieved from http://www.keis.or.kr/WebBook/ecatalog5.jsp?Dir=70&catimage=2&callmode=admin
- Currie, L. N. (2020). Factor structure of the hope-action-inventory in a problematic substance use sample [University of British Columbia]. https://doi.org/10.14288/1.0389957
- Luat, D. (2016). Exploration of hope-centered factors that influenced united states military retirees’ career progression [Grand Canyon University].
- Bast, R. A. (2019). The impact of hopeful career state on work engagement and turnover: A case study of front-office employees in U.S. full-service hotels [The Pennsylvania State University].